Thursday, July 22, 2010

Day 3

So it would be a complete and utter lie if I said everything is going great since I've been home. Last I wrote was prior to me going to bed on Tuesday, July 20th. I spent a good 4 hours dry heaving that evening into the early morning hours. I feel that because so much gas was trapped, my system had no other way to release it. I did feel better once it was over and developed some diarrhea. I know this sounds gross but after undergoing such a procedure, I didn't realize how valuable passing gas or burping would be to me!

On Wednesday, July 21st, I decided to take it a little bit easier. I was able to shower, in which I did. I only drank 1 oz of liquid per hour and made sure I drank my protein shakes throughout the day. I walked around as much as I could without overdoing it. I do still have back pain on the left side. I'm going to call the doctor's tomorrow to see if that pain is normal or not. I did break down and cry this evening, simply because of the pain and hopelessness I feel. My mom keeps saying I'm a champ but I'm not feeling it at all today.

"It's Normal"
I woke up today feeling decent. I still have the back pain but after speaking with the nurse, she said it's probably just gas pockets. She encouraged me to continue walking without overdoing it. I plan on doing just that. In addition, I made an error saying that the port was located on the left side. It's actually the stomach that's on the left side that's been hurting me and sore. Again, the nurse said it's normal, simply because a foreign object has been introduced to my body. I was able to hold all my liquids down yesterday and anticipate on doing the same today. I can't get over the fact that I am not hungry at all! It was actually comical last night as my mother and husband were eating grilled chicken on my deck while I sat there with my 1 oz cup of chicken broth. It took me longer to sip that cup than it did for them to eat an entire meal! They felt worst than I did. I did not mind it at all. I have no cravings and can't wait to get past all this discomfort to really enjoy myself. For now, I'll do whatever it takes to recover properly. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment