Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 11

I finally have a moment to myself and wanted to quickly blog my experience for this week. As I mentioned I'm eating pureed foods and am so happy! I can't believe how much control I have over what goes into my mouth and how much I put into my body. My tablespoon and Biggest Loser scale are my new friends. I'm also best friends with my magic bullet and mini processor. I don't know how I went through life without any of these devices!

What I find interesting is that my stomach truly does not desire certain foods anymore. My husband can tell you when I say that I was looking forward to eating peanut butter and humus. I had natural creamy peanut butter (no sugar added) on Monday and my stomach did nothing but turn all night! I retried it yesterday and the same thing happened. I guess no peanut butter for me! Then on Wednesday, I finally decided to have some humus for lunch. I took one little bite and threw the rest of it in the garbage. I want absolutely nothing to do with it. Go figure! I read in one of the patient books that a reaction like that may happen, and boy is it happening to me! I absolutely love beans and can't get enough of eggs. I bought two cookbooks that the doctor recommended. One is "Recipes for Life After Weight Loss Surgery" and the other is "Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery". Both books are fantastic and truly incorporate all the protein and nutrients one needs. I made the Deviled Egg Salad from there and am in love with it. Today I finally made myself Crystal Light lemonade and my taste buds have never been happier. The only thing I am getting tired of is drinking the 3 protein shakes a day. I'm finding that it's hard for me to get my 3 meals plus my protein shakes in. I'm either eating or drinking all day! I guess what makes it challenging is the fact that I can't drink 15 minutes prior to a meal or 45 minutes after a meal. By the time I'm ready for some water, it's time for a shake! Then again, if this is what I need to do to lose weight, I'm not complaining!

Overall I feel great. I'm still unable to lift things because I am still healing. I do get tired easily and still feel weak at times. I've found that by keeping myself busy with housework has kept me more alert. I've dropped more weight but won't say how much until it's "official" through the doctor's office. I'm looking forward to a productive weekend, with family and friends. In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend as well. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment